Keep Living Life with Water Restoration
It can happen in an instant: a flash flood, a burst pipe, a broken faucet, and more. A disaster or accident can happen and be over within a matter of minutes, but the damage can be devastating to you and your home. Water damage can ruin furniture, walls, floors and near every part of your home. And to top it all off, getting your insurance company to take care of damages can be an incredible pain. However, there’s still hope. Through the water restoration services provided by Greater Good Restoration, you can breathe easy knowing your water damage will become a thing of the past.
Greater Good Restoration has incredible experience in the restoration industry, with over 40 years serving Dupage County. Our mission is to restore every home like it’s our own. So, when you must suffer through something such as water damage, we are immediately there to help. From the damage claims process to replacing parts of your home, we’re there for you every step of the way. Water damage is no easy feat to overcome. But, with assistance from industry experts like ourselves, you have nothing to fear.
Common Causes of Water Damage
Some sources of water damage may seem apparent, while other sources are more difficult to spot. To help you determine what might be the root of your problems, these are some of the most common causes of water damage in the home:
- Leaking or Burst Pipes – A leaking pipe will take a while to cause more sustained damage to your home, but a burst pipe is likely to cause immediate damage.
- Flash Flooding – Whether in a flood plain, by a creek or near another body of water, you may be at a higher risk for flooding. Thus, you are more vulnerable to water damage.
- Backed Up Sewage – Even if you are out of a flood plain, substantial amounts of rain can be too much for a sewage system to handle. As such, sewage may back up into your home.
- Leaky Roofs – If your roof is old or damaged, it can be the source of your water troubles. Water can escape into your attic and cause rot in the upper portion of your home.
- Improper Siding – Same as roofs, old and damaged siding can also be host to water damage. Heavy storms and inadequate siding can lead the way to water in your walls.
The Dangers of Water Damage
Upon the discovery of water damage, its something that must be dealt with right away. Water damage, if left unchecked, not only will cause issues with your home, but puts your health at risk. For example, with water damage, you risk:
- Contaminated Water – Depending on where the water in your home came from, it can be disastrous to your health. Sewage water, for example, can cause severe sickness if in contact with it for too long.
- Mold – Even if water damage is less noticeable, a constant drip of a pipe or roof can lead to potential mold growth. Depending on the type of mold, it can release dangerous spores into the air.
- Rot – If not properly cleaned up, water damage can also lead to rot for your home. A rotting frame can become highly unstable. The worse the rot, the more likely portions of your house can collapse.
- Financial Woes – If not caught right away, water damage can affect numerous parts of your home within a short period. The more expansive the damage, the more trouble it will be to cover financially.
What We Do to Help
Whether you suspect long-term water damage or wish to have your house inspected after a severe storm, Greater Good Restoration is here to help. Not only do we assist with water restoration after an accident or disaster, but we ensure your insurance provides the coverage you need. Through our sister company, Frontline Adjusters, we negotiate with your insurance adjusters to ensure you are receiving the appropriate amount of payout for your damage claim. Thus, throughout your ordeal, you can have peace of mind knowing this unfortunate setback doesn’t have to affect you financially.
Our Other Restoration Services
If you incur damage to the exterior of your home, Greater Good Restoration has the team of roofing and siding contractors to patch up your house right away. Also, in addition to water restoration, we offer other restoration services, such as:
Restore Your Home to as Good as New
Greater Good Restoration has the quality water restoration businesses and residents throughout Dupage County can count on. If worried about your own water damage, call us today at 630-394-6132 for a free claim assessment, serving Glen Elyn, Naperville, Oak Brook and the surrounding areas. Also, we are located at 799 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.