Clean Your Home with Mold Remediation
You might think a minor leak or a little water in your basement didn’t cause much harm, as you caught it and cleaned it up right away. However, this might not be the case. Even the smallest amount of standing water with the right amount of humidity can lead to mold growth. Just a light dampness in areas can be the culprit for mold appearing. So, when you do find mold in your home or facility, what can you do to combat it? Thankfully, there’s a clear answer: call the experts at Greater Good Restoration. Our team has the experience you need for fast and efficient mold remediation.
Upon the discovery of mold or other damage done to the home, Greater Good Restoration should be your first call. Throughout DuPage County, we have assisted both residents and businesses when natural disasters or severe accidents got the best of them. And while mold is an issue that happens over time, we are no strangers to assisting with remediation efforts. Our team of skilled contractors can clean up mold, tear out the source, and take steps to ensure mold growth is prevented in the future.
What Causes Mold Damage?
While some sources of mold might be apparent, other sources can seem more subtle. However, if you have any reason to believe mold is growing on your property, these might be the most likely causes:
- Leaky Pipes – For mold to grow, there must be dark and have a source of water. Thus, there’s no better place for mold to grow than under a leaky sink or in your walls.
- Humidity – There doesn’t have to be an immediate source of water to precipitate the growth of mold. Humidity, for example, can insight mold growth anywhere in your home. One especially at-risk place is your bathroom, if not correctly vented after long and hot showers.
- Condensation – The opposite of humidity in the summer, condensation during the winter can also allow mold to grow. Sharp shifts in temperature can sometimes lead to condensation building up on cold surfaces around your home. In turn, mold can take hold where condensation accumulates.
- Poorly Maintained Roofing and Siding – Especially in older homes where your siding and roofing may not be the best maintained, you risk mold growth. This is due to severe weather leaking in through weak spots and holes in your roof or siding, providing wet areas for mold to flourish.
- Poor Ventilation – Stagnant air throughout your home can become the cause of your mold growth. If your home isn’t adequately ventilated, surfaces can be left moist or damp. Poor ventilation becomes especially problematic in basements.
Why is Mold a Problem?
Upon the discovery of mold in your home, you should call Greater Good Restoration to take immediate action. The problems mold insights can range from minor to extreme. For example:
- Unsightly – For some individuals, mold has no direct effect on health. However, that doesn’t take away from the fact that it could affect the guests in your home. Moreover, mold growth can be unsightly for any house or business.
- Allergens – On the lesser end of problems mold can cause, the spores it produces can cause allergy-like symptoms. Examples include coughing, stuffy nose, itchy eyes, etc.
- Adverse Effects – For those with underlying conditions, mold can be a danger to one’s health. For example, if you suffer from certain lung or respiratory diseases (asthma), mold spores can greatly exasperate your breathing.
Coverage for Your Cleanup
When mold damage stems from an unexpected accident or water damage from severe weather, getting your insurance involved might become the priority. However, how can you guarantee complete coverage for the damage done to your home? That’s where Greater Good Restoration steps in. With help from our sister company, Frontline Adjusters, we present your insurance with a damage claim that accurately reflects the coverage needed. Afterward, we get to work performing the best restoration efforts in all DuPage County.
How Else Can We Help?
Often, mold remediation is only one part of a more significant problem. As such, Greater Good Restoration offers a number of additional services to assist you best when disaster strikes. Including our roofing and siding contracting, such services include:
Eliminate Mold in Your Home
Don’t let mold continue to fester and grow, further harming those you love. Get the mold remediation you need from the experts at Greater Good Restoration. Call us today at 630-394-6132 for a free claim assessment, serving Naperville, Downers Grove, Wheaton and the surrounding areas. Also, we are located at 799 Roosevelt Rd, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.